First Global Logistics (members in Egypt) have proven their understanding of the urgency of the oil and gas industry by meeting demands to rescue a shutdown by transporting 2 urgent transformers by air from the door of the supplier in Los Angeles (USA) to Cairo.
For the same respected client, First Global Logistics have saved more time and money when they submitted cost-effective proposals to ship 2 urgent OOG compressors from Houston Port in the USA to Alexandria Port in Egypt on 2 x 40' flat-racks instead of using the regular breakbulk service with a long sailing schedule that the client was previously using.
1st Job by Air
- Commodity: 2 Transformers
- Weights & Dimensions: 2.44 x 1.68 x 2.77m at 5,900kgs and 2.41 x 1.37 x 2.41m at 6,200kg
- Total Gross Weight: 12,100kg
- Collecting the transformers from the supplier's door in Los Angeles;
- Repacking at Los Angeles Airport;
- Export clearance & documentation;
- Booking on the 1st freighter flight to arrive at Cairo Airport the same week, saving the client's oil site from shutdown.
2nd Job by Sea
- Commodity: 2 Compressors
- Weights & Dimensions: Each at 5.00 x 2.40 x 3.05m / 13,000kg
- Total Gross Weight: 26,000kg
- Collecting the 2 OOG compressors & panels from the supplier's door in Houston (USA) & transport to warehouse;
- Lashing & stuffing compressors & panels onto 2 x 40'FR containers;
- Trucking loaded flat-racks to Houston Port and sailing to Alexandria Port, Egypt.
Excellent work and support from First Global Logistics for their valued client!
About Project Cargo Network
Project Cargo Network is an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified organisation established in 2010 to provide heavy lift and project cargo specialists access to a trusted, worldwide network of agents who handle their specialist shipments, whilst working professionally and safely under a strict Code of Conduct. Today, PCN has an international presence that extends to over 240 specialist members in more than 110 countries. With collective Annual Revenues of USD $2.1 Billion, PCN is collectively now larger than many multi-national companies.